- GOOD LUCK to our PJW State Qualifiers this weekend in Harrisburg
10 & under:
60 lbs=Lane Aikey= Area II Runnerup
60 lbs=Zack Witmer=Area II Champion
65 lbs=Cooper Gilham=Area II Runnerup
80 lbs=Ethan Richner=Area II Champion
90 lbs=Keegan Rothrock=Area II Champion
95 lbs=Ethan Rossman=Area II Champion
11 & 12:
70lbs=Cole Stewart=Area II Runnerup
13 & 14:
112 lbs=Brock Port=Area II Champion
124 lbs=Chase Gardner=Area II Champion
147 lbs=Dillon Kephart=Area II Runnerup
- REMINDER: The Varsity and Jr High Banquet will be held Tuesday, March 26th 6:30pm in the Cafeteria.
- CONGRATS to Trevor Corl and Nick Shawley our 2013 State Qualifiers!! PIAA AAA Brackets
- Congrats to our 75th and 76th District Champions: Trevor Corl and Nick Shawley!! Also congrats to runnersup Luke Leathers, Garrett Poorman, third placer Dillon Kephart and fouth placer Aaron Witherite. All 6 move on to the Northwest Regional this Fri/Sat at the Altoona Fieldhouse. Good luck guys!! Keep that eye on the prize! NW Regional Brackets
- Coach Maney inducted to District 6 Hall of Fame! Congratulations Coach!
- 2013 Raffle WINNERS: Click Here.
- CONGRATS to our newest Bellefonte Wrestling Hall of Fame members: Tyler Fishburn, Josh Jones, Tim Traxler and Don Hess. Visit our HOF page
- BWA News -
2012 Cash Bingo- The 2012 Cash Bingo was very successful and a lot of fun! Thank you to all who stepped up to the challenge. A special thank you to Dayna & Chris Gilham for organizing a top-notch event!
- Team Camp 2012: SUCCESS!! Congrats to the 27 jr high and varsity wrestlers that attended team camp 2012. We had by far the largest jr high roster in attendance. And probably the most kids overall of any other school. Kutztown University was a great host and the boys gained a lot of valuable knowledge and experience against good competition. Thank you parents for going the extra mile to make sure your wrestler get to camp. A thank you to the Wrestling Association for all their funding support so team camp is affordable for everyone! A very special thank you to Diana Poorman and the coaching staff for all the work behind the scenes and their dedication to make sure it all happens. Now lets get ready for the season! It will be here before you know it!!
- Congratulations to our MAWA Eastern National Champions: Lane Aikey and Zack Witmer!
- Congratulations MAWA Eastern National Placewinners: Trevor Corl (2nd); Ethan Richner (3rd); Luke Leathers (6th)!
- Congratulations PJW State Placewinners: Brock Port 7th and Zack Witmer 5th. Great job guys!
- Congratulations PIAA All-State wrestlers: Nick Shawley 4th, Tom Traxler 7th and Garrett Poorman 7th. We are all very proud of your accomplishments. It's a tribute to your dedication and hard work.
- Congratulations NW Regional Champion: LEO WORTMAN! And also, NW Regional runners-up Tom Traxler, Nick Shawley and Garrett Poorman.
- Congratulations District 6 Champions: Trevor Corl, Tom Traxler, Leo Wortman, and Nick Shawley. Also runner-up Garrett Poorman and 3rd placer Cody Fisher. Good Luck at Regionals guys!!!!!!
- THANK YOU SENIORS (Cody, Tommy and Leo) for all the memories!! Let's cap it off with a trip to Hershey's podium!!
- Leo Wortman is closing in on 100 wins! He's at 98 and counting!!
- CONGRATS to Brock Port - 2012 Big VII Outstanding Wrestler!!
- CONGRATULATIONS Youth Wrestlers!! - You ARE Keystone League CHAMPIONS!!
- CASH RAFFLE Winners Posted HERE!!
- CONGRATULATIONS Tom Traxler!! - 126 wins and counting places him tied for 2nd all time in Bellefonte wins. He needs 1 more to surpass Mike Reish's 126 wins(2nd all time). Keep it going Tommy!
- THANK YOU!! - We just wanted to take a minute to thank all those who helped and contributed to our tournaments the past two weekends. We host these tournaments to benefit our wrestlers at all levels. Without you it wouldn't be possible to be the great organization that we are. So thank you parents, organizers, administration and supporters!! We hope you're as proud as we are to be a part of Bellefonte Wrestling. Thank you! Thank you!
- PIAA States tickets - The BWA has purchased a limited number of tickets for this year's "Sea of Red" at Hershey. Please contact Jim/Diana Poorman if you are interested in tickets.
- Everyone should have received their 10 raffle tickets to sell by now. If not please let your coach know. Besides tournaments this is our ONLY fundraiser. So please do your part. If you are able to sell more than 10 please let us know and we'll be sure you get extra.
- GOLF TOURNAMENT!! - Bellefonte Grappler Open!! October 1, 2011
- Please go to our BWA Fundraisers page for details!!
- Applications due Sept 24th, 2011!!
- This week (8/15-8/18) will be the last week of summer workouts. Workouts will resume Monday, September 12th. Details to be emailed out later.
- Anyone who is interested in the Super 32, especially the qualifying tournament on Sept. 3rd and would like to get some workouts, contact Coach Maney and he will set up some workout times for those interested.
- Mat Town is still holding workouts on Tuesdays from 6:30-8PM. We do have a few wrestlers attending. If you need a ride or have questions please let Coach Maney know.
- PSU Team Camp is over for 2011. Twenty seven wrestlers attended (jh - varsity). Kids got on average 15 matches during the four day camp. Everything went well and the remain convinced this team camp is one of the best! Congrats to all campers for time well spent!
PAWF STATES:Good morning Bellefonte Wrestling Family!
First, a huge THANK YOU !! I believe myself & co-tournament directors (Tom Alterio & Marty Wesley) cannot thank those who contributed this weekend through table help, donations, clean-up, set-up, etc. Because of your efforts, your efforts you continued the legacy of the Bellefonte Wrestling Program running a first-class tournament. In addition, even though we don’t know the total at this time, you helped raise money for all of the Bellefonte Wrestlers to benefit from the funds we raised this weekend for team camp, tournament expenses, singlets, equipment, etc.
We heard many compliments from PAWF tournament staff, fans, wrestlers, coaches, referees about the “great show” and “great tournament” you (Bellefonte Wrestling) put on. Whether it be the courtesy of the tournament workers, cafeteria food and selection, the kindness of tournament staff, we heard many compliments and this is a credit to all of those who helped this weekend. As I mentioned at the Varsity and Jr. High Banquet, when a state champion or state earn that medal in Hershey or any member of the Bellefonte Wrestling earn various achievements throughout their careers, you also have a part in that through your hard work at events like the PAWF States.
If you would like to see some pictures, results, or videos from this weekend please see the links below, especially the videos, there is a lot of stuff on there. Videos of Garrett Poorman’s Semi-Final & Finals matches and other Bellefonte Wrestlers are on the website.
Also pictures in Sunday’s CDT
Others who competed: Luke Leathers, Aaron Witherite, Max Wortman
One area we would like to see improve is the participation from Bellefonte Wrestlers, especially if not involved in a spring sport. This is the main reason, more than funds, to help bring the tournament to Bellefonte. This is something we will continue to promote, whether it is held in Bellefonte or another venue.
On another note, for those concerned about the wrestler, Ian Hammond from Chambersburg, the latest update I have from family is below. Thanks to our medical staff, including Youth Coach Kevin Smith, a quick response helped what made very negative outcome look more positive possibly.
“I know many people are wondering how Ian Hammond is doing. He was life lined to Altoona from PAWF states today. After hitting his head in a match which he finished he began to have complications while waiting for his next match. Ian suffered an epidural bleed (in his brain) and required surgery. The surgery went very well and because he received treatment quickly the outlook is good for a full recovery. Please keep Ian and the Hammond family in your prayers.”
From the Hammond family: Ian had a good night. He is able to respond to commands gave the dr two thumbs up. We are waiting on this mornings cat scan results then hopefully they can take him off the vent and decrease the sedation. Thanks for all the wonderful words and prayers.
Things went well for Ian overnight. He was able to respond to commands and gave the Doctor two thumbs up. A CAT scan was done this morning and they are waiting on results. Hopefully they can get Ian off the vent and reduce his sedation then. Keep the prayers coming
Finally, I know the, what seems like hundreds of emails that come out asking for donations, help, etc. can become a pest & nuisance, however please think about all of the wrestlers you have now helped through your generosity. You now have helped them work toward their individual goals through your commitment and sacrifice.
So, as I am sure you received a lot of emails requesting for emails, I am hoping you will receive several THANK YOUs as well.
So once again, a huge THANK YOU!
Have a great week & Memorial Day weekend!!
Mr. Michael Maney
Head Wrestling Coach
- MAWA Update from Eastern Nationals at Salisbury, Md! - 12 qualify, 8 PLACE!! For a list of who go to the Honors and Results page.
- PJW Update! - 11 wrestlers qualify for PJW States! Click HERE for brackets. Congratulations, Zack Witmer(2nd); Brock Port(3rd); Cole Stewart(4th) and Trevor Corl(8th)!!
- CONGRATULATIONS goes out to Brad Grieb in earning his 100th career victory while at Hershey. That's something that only 7 others have done here at Bellefonte. Thank you for the memories, Brad. You are an inspiration to our young wrestlers because you did it right, on and off the mat. You believed in your coaches and in the system. Stay the course and will continue to be successful in whatever you do.
- CONGRATULATIONS to our All-State wrestlers! Brad Grieb (4th place) and Tom Traxler (6th place)!!!! Great season guys! We are proud of you!!
- Mat Town is still holding workouts on Tuesdays from 6:30-8PM. We do have a few wrestlers attending. If you need a ride or have questions please let Coach Maney know.
- ...GOOD LUCK AT SHIPPENSBURG!! We have a total of 35 wrestlers competing...all ages...even a few of our coaches! See BWC Honors and Results for details.MAWA Wrestlers
- Varsity sends 9 to REGIONALS this weekend! - Congratulations to Coach Maney and the 9 wrestlers moving on! Great showing at Disticts!!
- Mike Lewis - 112 - 3rd
- Tom Traxler - 119 - 2nd
- Cody Fisher - 125 - 3rd
- Leo Wortman - 130 - 2nd
- Brandon Grau - 135 - 4th
- Nick Shawley - 152 - 3rd
- BRAD GRIEB - 160 - D6 CHAMPION
- Jake Perryman - 171 - 2nd
- Garrett Poorman - Hwt - 3rd
- NW Regional Brackets! - Click HERE
- Varsity at Districts this weekend! - The varsity wrestlers will be competing at the District 6 tournament this weekend (2/25-2/26). Click HERE for the schedule. GOOD LUCK wrestlers!
- Varsity team places 2nd at Rumble! Coach Maney's "revamped" lineup looked very strong. The team went 4-1 on the day, losing a close match to Fauquire, VA 37-30. Congratulations guys! Results soon to be posted on the Tournaments At BHS link.
- Bellefonte Wrestling Parents and Boosters THANK YOU AGAIN! The Bellefonte Red Raider Rumble Tournament held on Jan 22nd again went very well. We received many compliments and thank you's throughout the day. That is a tribute to all YOUR hard work and dedication to Bellefonte Wrestilng. Now we get a break until May when we host the PAWF State Freestyle/Greco Tournament:-) Thanks again!!
- Jr High Wins Pittston Duals!! The jr high wrestling team went 5-0 in Pittston on Dec 11th. They won their pool by beating Wallenpaupack, Pittston and Benton. They defeated West Scranton in the semi-final and went on to beat Dallas in the finals 57-45. Congratulation guys...GREAT JOB!
- TusseyMtnBack - WRESTLERS WIN! (Oct 16th) Wrestlers team falls behind early but builds momentum to beat the "verytalented" Coaches team by 14 minutes. Congratulations to everyone thatparticipated. It was a great day to be outside and compete!
- TEAM#1 (6:52:04) - NateAlterio, Tyler Ashpole, Brandon Grau, Frankie Muzika, Nick Shawley, Brad Grieb,Tom Traxler, & Leo Wortman
TEAM #2 (7:05:54) - CoachManey, Coach Alterio, Coach Horton, Coach Shane Alterio, Coach Mark Maney, Mitchell Port,Bill Wortman, & Guy Cipriano
- P90-Maney Workouts! Coach Maney will be holding P90X-style workouts every Mon, Wed, Thur...starting Monday, Oct 3rd, @3:45pm. These workouts are designed for strength and cardio improvement. The time is NOW to get ready for weight certifications and the season! Our Main Calendar is updated with the days and times.
- Youth Sign ups we on Sept 22, 2010! We WILL have a second sign up date or just call. The names and numbers are on our Youth Announcements page.
- Pre-SeasonWorkouts areup and running. The coaching staff would like all those wrestlers notparticipating in a Fall sport to take advantage of this. See Calendarfor days and times.
Open Matswill begin Tuesdays & Thursdays beginning theweek of Sept. 20th.
- Parent/Wrestler Meeting THURSDAY Nov 11th!! - 6pm - High School Cafeteria!! Your attendance is critical to ensure everyone gets the information necessary for the upcoming season. Varsity and Jr High!
- NEXT Weight Certification date is THURSDAY Nov 11th!! - For ALL Jr High and Varsity wrestlers who missed prior dates or need to be re-tested. Report after school to the Training Room.
- NEXT Weight Certification date is Nov 9th!! - For ALL Jr High and Varsity wrestlers who missed the Oct 30th date - Report to the High School Training Room after school!! DRINK WATER...BE HYDRATED!
- Texas Roadhouse Night - Nov 8th!: 4pm until 10pm - Bring this coupon-->> Texas RH Night!
- SUPER 32 Tournament! Oct 30-31, 2010. GOOD LUCK Leo Wortman, Luke Leathers, Trevor Corl and Brock Port!! For results go to: http://www.super32.com/
- OPEN MATS CANCELLED TONIGHT Thur, Oct 21st!! Because of the Homecoming Parade.
- Jr High Wrestling SIGN-UPS!! During school hours on Thursday, Oct 21st in the Cafeteria. ALL wrestlers should attend. 6th graders are welcome too...we'll them signed up for Youth Wrestling.
- 8th graders - 10:05 to 10:30
- 6th and 7th graders - 2:50 to 3:15
- THANK YOU! To all those who participated in our 2010 Grappler Open on Sept 25th! Once again our wrestling community came through and had some fun alongthe way. A special thanks to Matte McCartney for being this year chairof our golf committee. Outstanding job! Finally, a thank you to allthe volunteers and wrestlers for giving up your Saturday morning tomake it an enjoyable event. Results to be posted soon.
- Website Committee Meeting TONIGHT - 6:30pm - Room 137 High School. We will be training our webmasters but others are welcome to attend to provide input to make our site even more useful.
- Herbies Hometown Loop - Congratulations to all those who ran. We will posted our results on our Herbies Page. Thanks again runners for showing our Bellefonte Wrestling PRIDE!
- CONGRATS to our new BWA officers and a big THANK YOU to our former officers. We have the best volunteers in the land!
- Team Camp Summary from Coach Maney. Also working on posting video interviews and pictures from camp. Links will be placed on our camp page.
Congratulations Junior Brad Grieb and Senior Mitchell Port for being recognized as selections for the Pennsylvania All-Academic Wrestling Team. the award is selected by the pennsylvania Wrestling Coaches Association for outstanding Achievement in Academics and Wrestling
- LHU Camp(7/16-7/20) - Those interested must contact Coach Maney ASAP. You can attend as many days as you want. The coaching staff will be running a van each morning from the High School to LHU. That coach will stay at camp and return everyone each evening. GREAT OPPORTUNITY for a minimal amount of $.
- BWA Nominations for officers are still open and needed. If you would like to be nominated please contact Tiffany Aikey, Coach Maney or Coach Alterio.
- THANK YOU, to everyone that helped with the tournament over the weekend! It was probably the most challenging touranment we've done but once again you proved we have the best booster club in the land! We've already been asked to host again next year. Great job folks!
- TEAM CAMP @PSU -July 8-11!
- Drop-off: July 8, 2:30pm at McKee Hall
- All camp information you need can be found on this site at PSU Team Camp Info.
- We will be hosting the 2010 PAWFFreestyle/Greco Roman State Tournament on May 21-23!! Bellefonte Wrestling family, please get involved. We have two sites for information: participant information and our committee planning page.
- Congratulations Lane Aikey, on your MAWA Eastern National Championship!! Eight other Bellefonte wrestlers medal in Salisbury, MD. Great job guys!! We are proud of you all. See BWC-Honors for details.
- Congrats to all wrestlers that competed at the Ohio Tournament of Champions last weekend(April 24th). See BWC-Honors for details.
- Congrats Bellefonte Freestyle and Greco wrestlers now competing in qualifiers all over the state. Check out the BWC Honors page to get how they're doing!
Anyone interested in Weight Lifting @ YMCA Should Sign-Up at the YMCA. They can go any time just take this paperwork.
- 15 Bellefonte wrestlers qualified for MAWA Eastern Nationals held in Salisbury, MD on May 1-2. See BWC-Honors for details. We had 30+ wrestlers compete over the weekend at the regional tournament at Shippensburg Univ. Congratulations to everyone competing! Good luck at Nationals!
- CONGRATULATIONS to all eight 2010 PJW State Qualifiers(results). 4 of the 8 placed with 1 of the 4 making the state finals(Garrett Poorman).
- BWC evening practices have started for post-season wrestlers or anyone wanting to get better! Days and times are posted on the calendar.
- Mitchell Port will be competing in the Dapper Dan Classic (PA's best seniors vs. USA's best) on Saturday, March 20th at the University of Pittsburgh's Fitzgerald Field House. Start time 8pm. His opponent Logan Stieber (174-1) is a 4x Ohio State Champion. GOOD LUCK MITCH!!!!
- GOOD LUCK AT PO this weekend for all our 2010 PJW Regional Qualifiers.
- Bellefonte Wrestling Family... On Monday, January 18, 2009, we lost one of our wrestling family members. Kaeleb Phillips passed away unexpectedly. He was a 2008 graduate from Bellefonte. He was a polite, fun loving, young man. He will sadly be missed by those lives that he touched. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.See obituary for detais.
- 2010 PIAA State Brackets released.
- MAWA Qualifier @Central Mountain Sunday March 7th. ENTRY FORM
- Congratulations to our 2010 NW Regional Qualifiers: Tom Traxler(112); Mitchell Port(125); Dan Dreibelbis(130); Brad Grieb(160); Nick Bernier(189) and Jake Mueller(215).
- Thanks to all those who helped with the Big 7 tournament! Your support and committment to Bellefonte Wrestling does not go un-noticed!
- Two of our own Bellefonte Hall of Fame wrestlers will be inducted into the District 6 Hall of Fame this weekend at the Altoona Fieldhouse before the district finals. Congratulations Ken "Foxy" Moyer and Tom Riglin! You are Bellefonte Wrestling!
- Congratulations Varsity: The varsity team finished in 3rd place at the New Oxford tournament on 1/29 & 1/30. Click here for results.
- Thank you to everyone that helped make our 2010 Jr High Invitational, our Youth scrimmage and the Jr High Duals a success! Parents and wrestlers, we can't say enough how much we appreciate your committment to Bellefonte Wrestling.PARENTS:RAFFLE TICKETS and MONEY were due by Thursday night, January 28th!! If you have not yet turned them in please contact Heide Port asap.
- ATTENTION! Due to the expected snow storm we are not permitted to practice today(Friday, Feb 5th) or tomorrow (Sat.,Feb 6th). That's Youth, Jr High and Varsity.
- Saturday's District Duals has been postponed due to the expected bad weather. Makeup date is Tuesday, Feb 9th.
- Jr High Duals, Saturday - Jan 23rd! - Parents, last tournament until the Big 7's on 2/13. A task list will be created soon.
- CONGRATS to Mitchell Port...2009 Powerade CHAMPION!!
- Clothing Orders were due Nov 25th. There will be a second order in January if you missed this one. Stay tuned.
- Cash Raffle set for the month of Feb! Each wrestler is responsible for 10 tickets.
- Mitchell Port Signs Letter of Intent to Edinboro!- Congratulations Mitch!
- Jr High Team -finished 3rd @the Pine Grove Invitational. They missed 1st place by 1.5 points. Four champions, 1 runner up and Trevor Corl claims tournament OW!
- Powerade Block of Hotel Rooms
Under Bellefonte Wrestling/Port
- Bellefonte vs CM -Tuesday, Dec 15th! It's SPCA Night in honor of Amy Palovcsik. Please see the wish list on our promotions link.
- Youth Registrations- If you missed the Youth Registrations it is NOT TOO LATE.You can call Coach Mike Masullo(383-2234) or Coach Marty Wesley (383-2227) directly. Fee is $30.00 per wrestler. Please watch this website for further updates.
- Wrestlers/Coaches complete TusseyMountainBack 50 mile Relay. Click HERE for more...Results now posted!
- NCAA Division 1 Wrestling AT Bellefonte High School !! LHU vs Rider University on Friday, Nov 20th - 7:00pm!!
- Parent Meeting(s) Nov 17th - 7:00pm
- Jr High- High School Cafeteria
- Varsity- High School Room 174
- Bellefonte Wrestling NIGHTNov 10th at theTexas Roadhouse!!! 10% of every meal goes to BW!Click here to view/print the flyer. You MUST have a printed flyer with you!!
- Port places 4th at the Super 32. This is by far the toughest Pre-season tournaments in the country. Nice job Mitch!!
- PHYSICALS - Wednesday, Nov 4that the High School Nurses Office. Winter physical packets can be picked up in the Middle School main office or at the High School training room. The packet is also online atBASD Athletics
- Repeat Athlete Forms DUE Friday, Oct 30thto the Athletic Trainer at the High School. For more info go to theBASD Athleticspage.
- *ATTENTION* Weight Certifications date is set for Oct 31st (12pm) at Drayer. This is mandatory for all Jr High and Varsity wrestlers. Parents/Wrestlers Click HERE for more information about weight certs.
- Upcoming Events!:
- 1) Tussey Mountain 50-Mile Relay: Teams are set!! We have a "Wrestlers Team" and a "Coaches Team" for the October 3rd race. So the challenge is on! See the BWC link for team members and more details. It is quickly approaching!! Runners should be training!!!!
- 2) Weight Certifications:Weight Certifications will be mid-October. As school begins, it is time to begin to think about weight certifications. Extra running and drinking plenty of water is a good place to start.
- 3) Super 32: Registration is now CLOSED. This filled up in 35 minutes. Amazing! The Middle School division registration opens soon! See website below.
- Great job to all the Herbies Hometown Loop runners. Click on the link above to view the results.
- IT'S TIME -->Herbies Hometown Loop (4mi race) coming August 15th, 2009!!!
- The Photographs link(to the left) is now loading much faster. Enjoy the pictures. We're still working on a better way to organize and display our pictures as our library continues to grow. If you have any pictures from a wrestling event please email them to Coach Alterio.
- TEAM CAMP in the books for another year... Congratulations campers!! This years PSU Team Camp went very well. Besides the great and very personalized technique sessions each camper wrestled anywhere from 10 to 15 matches during the week. We're looking forward to next year as the new PSU staff has some great ideas to improve an already pretty good camp. Stay tuned for photos...coming soon HERE.
- CONGRATS to all the 4th Fest 4K participants!!! Results are posted - 2009 4th Fest 4K. We had over 20 runners representing BW. Go to our 4th Fest 4K page for a list of those names and additional information. GREAT JOB and once again you all make very proud of BW!
- Community Service activities! The Talleyrand bridge painting project a success!! Thank you volunteers for once again making us proud of the Bellefonte Wrestling program! Please visit our Community Service link for details and photos.
- Congratulations to Nate Alterio(Cadet)and Garrett Poorman(Schoolboy) for a great job at National Duals!! Welcome home!!
- PAWF State Freestyle and Greco Roman Tournament results...Wert, N. Alterio and Grieb qualify for Cadet Nationals held at Fargo, ND! (Again sending our wrestlers to Fargo is a huge financial burden for the families. Any sponsors or donations would be greatly appreciated for these three wrestlers. If you are interested in helping our wrestlers, contact the coaching staff). A total of 7 Bellefonte wrestlers place!! Click here for more info!
- Mitchell Port honored at PA House of Representatives! Mitch was recognized for his NHSCA Junior National Championship held in April at Virginia Beach. Congratulations Mitch! Photo
- ATTENTION! Our Parent/Wrestler Spring Meetings(Jr High & Varsity)have been going VERY well. If you have not had your meeting please contact Coach Maney or Coach Alterio as soon as possible to arrange a date and time.
- TEAM CAMP in progress... Camp is going very well. Our wrestlers are getting more individual attention from the PSU Staff and wrestlers because of the slightly lower turnout this year. Our wrestlers are getting at least 3 matches a day. Coach Sanderson and Cunningham has done a great job considering the limited time they had to prepare. They're already talking about plans for next years camps and we were able to provide some input. Camp will conclude Wednesday, July 15th with a takedown tournament.
- TEAM CAMP Final Note! We have had two last minute cancellations. If you are NOT signed up for camp and would like to take one of these two slots please contact Coach Alterio or Coach Maney ASAP. We are meeting Sunday morning at 9:30am, McKee Hall (West Halls). Be ON TIME PLEASE. Everything about camp...Click HERE.
- TEAM CAMP Note 2!First Timers Meeting will be held Tuesday, July 7th, 5:30pm at the Wrestling Room. All campers and parents are welcome even if it's not your first camp. Click HERE for more details about team camp.
- TEAM CAMP Note 1! Forms were turned in to PSU on July 3rd. If you have not turned in your form and you want to attend camp, please contact Coach Alterio ASAP. Click HERE for more details about team camp.
- Nate Alterio(Cadet)and Garrett Poorman(Schoolboy) are currently competing at Cadet(Rochchester, MN)and Schoolboy(Indianapolis, IN) National Duals....Click here to track how they're doing and how the PA teams are fairing out.
- Congrats and GOOD LUCK to Garrett Poorman and Nate Alterio. They were selected to represent Pennsylvania at the Schoolboy and Cadet National Duals. Schoolboy Duals(Garrett) are held in Indianapolis, IN and Cadet Duals(Nate) are in Rochchester, MN from June 14th-21st. They will be competing with some of the best freestyle/greco wrestlers in the country. While this is a great opportunity for them, it's also a costly one. Cost for each wrestler is $800 + food expenses. If you would like to help sponsor our wrestlers to help offset the cost please contact Coach Maney or Coach Alterio. It would be very much appreciated.
- BWC SCHEDULE CHANGE ! Open Mats on June 16th and June 18th have been cancelled. We will start them again on June 23rd. Please pay close attention to the calendar to the right for any other changes.
- GOOD LUCK to all those wrestling at the PA Freestyle and Greco Roman State Tournament at Shippensburg Univ this weekend. Top 3 Cadets and Juniors will qualify for Nationals held in Fargo, ND!
- THANK YOU! to all the volunteers that showed up at the Bellefonte Children's Fair on Saturday, June 6th. The turn out was great! The "man-power" you provided was very much appreciated by the fair organizers.
- The Wrestling Association meeting for this Wednesday, June 3rd has been postponed. A new date has not yet been determined
- Wrestlers and Parents please pay close attention to the calendar for time changes and cancelations for our Open Mats and Weightlifting sessions.
- Milford Duals! Seven (JR Wert, Nate Alterio, Brad Grieb, Dan Dreibelbis, Jake Perryman, Leo Wortman, and Garrett Poorman) competed under the NLWC. The team finished in 2nd place going 4-1 on the day! Click here for details.
- Parent/Wrestler Meetings start Monday 6/1/09! See the calendar on the right for your time slot.
- THANK YOU! to all the volunteers that showed up at Beaver Stadium on Saturday, May 9th for the United Way Trash To Treasure community service day. GREAT JOB!
- BREAKING NEWS!! Mat Towncomes to BELLEFONTE Tuesday, May 19th from 6:30pm to 8:00pm Coach Rogers will be running their session in our Wrestling Room! We hope to get them here every Tuesday. This is a great opportunity for Bellefonte wrestlers and the surrounding schools. Please take advantage!
- CONGRATULATIONSJR Wert and Coach Cook on their MAWA Eastern National titles held in Salisbury, Md on 5/3/09!! Five other Bellefonte wrestlers also placed!! Click here to find out more!
- CONGRATULATIONSColin Wesley on your Gene Mills Eastern National Championship held in Baldwinsville, NY on 5/2/09!! Two other Bellefonte wrestlers also placed high!! Click here to find out more!
- Team Camp fundraiser - hoagie order forms are due May 11th. Delivery date is May 19th. All forms should be delivered to Heide Port. Click here obtain all the details and copies of the forms (see camp fundraiser section).
- Weightlifting for all JH and Varsity wrestlers will start May 11th at the YMCA Annex . Details
- 2009 PSU Team Camp information - The coaching staff would like ALL Jr High AND Varsity wrestlers to attend!! Go to the BWC Page for details. If you have any questions please contact either Coach Maney or Coach Alterio.
- CONGRATSto our 2OTofC Champions Garrett Poorman and Shane Alterio! Also, placing was Lane Aikey(3rd) and Trevor Corl(6th). Details.
- A big THANK YOU goes out to our Bellefonte Wrestling family for putting on a GREAT tournament on Saturday (April 11th)! A special thank you to our Tournament Committee for all your hard work in preparation. That obviously paid off!! Go to our BWC Honors Page for Bellefonte results.
- Mitchell Port WINS the NHSCA Junior National Championship at Virginia Beach! Bellefonte's first NHSCA champion in any division. Nice job Mitch! Brad Grieb also claimed All-American status by placing 7th in the Sophomore Division.
- WAY TO GO Chase Gardner and JR Wert on your PJW State Championships!! Leo Wortman captures 5th place. Details
- Congratulations MITCHELL PORT on your 100th career win!!!
- Jr High team crowns 3 Big 7 champions (JR Wert @115, Nick Shawley @138 and Garrett Poorman @250). Team finishes 4th. Congratulations Jr High wrestlers!
- Congratulations SHANE ALTERIO on your 100th career win!!!
- Caleb Snyder (injured Tyrone wrestler) - We are hearing Caleb has returned home recently. I will post an update as soon as I get more details. Please continue to keep Caleb in your prayers. (4/20/09)
- Congratulations new Hall of Fame members: Roger Port, Bill Workman, Skip Whitehill and Richard Houser