Any volunteer who plans on working in the buildings during the school day, or volunteering at an after-hours school-sponsored (not PTO/Booster club sponsored) event will need to become a registered volunteer. This includes, but is not limited to:
The following are considered visitors, not volunteers, and do not need to turn in clearances:
- Field Trip chaperones
- School dance chaperones
- Classroom/building helpers
- Volunteering at classroom parties
- PTO/PTA/Parent Group events in the buildings during school hours
- MS/HS Fine Arts Department activities that are not open to the public
- Helping at rehearsals, volunteering at Band Camp, participating in Drama Work-Calls, etc.
In addition, volunteers at PTO/PTA/Booster Club events and meetings that take place outside of the regular school day do not need to turn in clearances. This includes:
- Guest speakers/presenters
- Those in the building solely to distribute fundraisers to parents
- Those coming in to help only their own child with a project or presentation
- Attendees at a teacher/school-invited event
- Promotion ceremonies, art shows, concerts, science fairs, Halloween parade, Grandparent's Day/Veteran's Day/etc. activities.
Registered volunteers are approved by the Bellefonte School Board after submitting the following:
- Carnivals, sports banquets, PTO-sponsored dances/movie nights/shows, etc.
If you have lived in Pennsylvania less than 10 years, you will also need to submit an FBI clearance.
- Volunteer Form
- Statement of Confidentiality
- Residency Affidavit & Arrest/Conviction Report
- PA Child Abuse History Certification
- PA Criminal History clearance
Completed paperwork can be turned in to your child's school, or dropped off/mailed to:Volunteer Coordinator318 N. Allegheny St.Bellefonte, PA 16823For more information on how to get involved, contact your school office or the volunteer coordinator, Liz Stone, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prospective Volunteer Athletic Coaches
Besides completing all the volunteer paperwork, you will also need to contact the high school Athletic Department. There are additional forms and requirements for PIAA, and all athletic volunteers must be approved by the athletic director.Results of a TB test are also required for athletic volunteers.Effective July 1, 2015: Per PA State Act 153, all registered volunteers will need to update their clearances every 5 years. If your current clearances are more than 5 years old at any point of the 2021-22 school year, so dated prior to June 15, 2017, you will need to update your police record check and your child abuse clearance before you can be reapproved. For those who have lived in PA less than 10 years, if you already have an FBI clearance on file with the district, it will not need to be updated.Click this link for more information: Forms