My CalendarMy Calendar, a personal calendar application, is a tool to help parents and students stay on top of daily events and better manage their time. Using My Calendar, you can subscribe to -- and receive homework and school event information -- in the form of a calendar on your desktop computer. With My Calendar, you can:
- Subscribe to calendars to keep up with homework assignments, grades, school events, and more.
- View more than one calendar at a time from within a single unified window to quickly identify schedule conflicts and pockets of free time.
- Keep your priorities straight with a built-in To Do list.
In order to use My Calendar, you must first have iCal installed on your computer. You will need Mac OS X version 10.2.3 or later to use iCal. iCal is available as a free download. For more information, visit the Apple Inc. website: Apple iCal
How to subscribe
- On the main menu, click My Calendars.
- Click Subscribe in the "Class Assignments Only" column to receive the class assignments calendar. The iCal application opens, and the "subscribe to" field automatically displays.
- Click Subscribe. The Subscribing to <calendar name> page appears.
- Use the following information to enter information in the applicable fields:
- Click Subscribe in the Class Assignments With My Scores and Final Grades column. The iCal application opens, and the Subscribe to field automatically displays the calendar URL.
- Click Subscribe.
- Enter your PowerSchool Parent Portal username and password. Click OK. The Subscribe to <calendar name> page appears. See Steps 4-5 for additional information.
View My Calendars in iCal
Each of the calendars you subscribe to appears in the "calendars" section of iCal. Note the colored checkbox next to each calendar. If the checkbox next to a calendar is selected, the information contained within that calendar is displayed within the calendar view as the color of the checkbox. To view information about an item in the calendar-view, click on the item and information about the item appears in the "Info drawer." If you have subscribed to any of the homework calendars, outstanding assignments appear as items.
To Do by Priority list
Click any of the items to view information about that item in the "Info drawer."