School ImmunizationsIn order to enter school for the first time, at the kindergarten or first grade level, in any public, private or parochial school, your child must have the following immunizations:
- 4 doses of tetanus. * 1 dose on or after the 4th birthday.
- 4 doses of diptheria. * 1 dose on or after the 4th birthday.
- 3 doses of polio.
- 2 doses of measles. (Two doses of the combination immunization MMR or MMRV is generally administered)
- 1 dose of mumps.
- 1 dose of rubella (German Measles).
- 3 doses of hepatitis B.
- 2 doses of varicella (Chickenpox vaccine, often administered with MMR as MMRV) or a history of the disease.
For more information, please see the PA Department of Health School Immunizations website.