MISSION STATEMENTPhysical Education will provide an individualized, developmentally appropriate, and personally challenging instructional program that will advance the knowledge, confidence, skills and motivation needed to engage in a lifelong, healthy, active lifestyle.
Every student is scheduled for a required program of Physical Education each year. Physical Education provides for the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities. The goals of the program are based on the National Standards for Physical Education developed by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education, to physically educate students to:
· Develop skills necessary to perform a variety of physical activities.
· Improve physical fitness.
· Participate in regular physical activity.
· Acquire knowledge benefits of involvement in physical activities.
· Develop an appreciation of physical activity and its contribution to a healthy lifestyle.