GoGuardian is used to provide content filtering to students at school and at home any time that they sign in with a district Google email account. GoGuardian only works with student accounts.
In addition to providing a safeguard for students, GoGuardian provides teachers with useful tools for instruction, especially for remote learning. With GoGuardian, teachers can view the content on student screens, open tabs for students -- a replacement for Share-to-Classroom -- close student tabs, chat, present content and host video sessions.
Students will see a "blocked" image any time a site is blocked by GoGuardian. If access to the site is needed for educational purposes, the student should let the teacher know. Teachers have access to a form to request that a site is blocked or unblocked.
Watch the following video to see how to use scenes to block YouTube or other sites.
Learn more about how GoGuardian can help teachers:
- Getting Started with GoGuardian: Start here to learn how to log in, import classes and get started
- GoGuardian Teacher Help Center: Access the teacher training guide and tutorials for using all GoGuardian features
- Using GoGuardian Teacher’s Student Check-Ins Feature to Support Mental Health
- GoGuardian Teacher Playlist: Watch these short videos to see how to use scenes to manage student browsing using teacher commands
- GoGuardian Teacher Training Resources: Sign in to access the teacher training guide, self-paced interactive course and a recording from a training webinar
- Videos from BASD Flipgrid: See how to import classes, see student screens and block unwanted sites such as YouTube