District welcomes new members to its professional staff
Bellefonte Elementary School Principal Jen Brown described the passion of teachers and those in professional staff roles at Bellefonte Area School District as “passionate” about the work they do to help students achieve their highest level of success.
“The power you have for making a difference for kids is like nothing else,” she explained. “It’s the greatest thing in the world.”
Brown organized this year’s New Teacher Induction event, which welcomed new teachers and other professional staff members to the district. It’s an annual tradition similar to an orientation that allows new faculty to get more acquainted with the district. The three-day event included a general introduction and overview; information about human resources, professional learning and safety measures; a tour of Bellefonte, led by two current history teachers; technology overview; meeting mentors; and more.
Some faculty are new for the 2020-21 school and others have already started in the 2019-20 school year – or before – but after last year’s orientation.
New professional staff
- Drew Funk, Pleasant Gap Elementary
- Gina Grambling, Bellefonte Are Middle School
- Jeff Hodgson, Pleasant Gap Elementary
- Aaron Jones, Bellefonte Area Middle School
- Marissa Metric, Bellefonte Elementary School
- Kayla Meyers, Bellefonte Area Middle School
- Chelsie Miller, Marion-Walker Elementary School
- Alex O’Brien, school nurse (BASD)
- Janelle Reese, Bellefonte Elementary School
- Lisa Reitz, Bellefonte Area High School
*To see past information about NTI, visit these links: August 2019 and August 2018
*By Brit Milazzo, public relations director, BASD