Launch. Equip. Transform.
- Three newly-developed Youth Hubs are recognized in in Pennsylvania in 2019 – Sunrise of Philadelphia, Inc. in Philadelphia County; YouthPlaces, Inc. in Allegheny County; and Central Pennsylvania Institute for Science and Technology in Centre County.
- Youth Hubs build a broad-based, coordinated system of entrepreneurial programming that will serve as a fusion of strategies within workforce development, the arts, culture and design, and community revitalization.
- Youth Hubs will provide increased accessibility and equity opportunities for children, youth, families and after school/summer learning providers.
- Youth Hubs are the first of their kind in Pennsylvania. Led by the informal learning community and youth, Youth Hubs span a range of business models, ownership structures, and physical layouts with the goal to create a motivating environment where educators, students, and the community can nurture an entrepreneurial environment while learning from each other, making connections, developing new skills, and being inspired to reach their full potential. In this pioneering concept, the selected organizations will benefit from similar measurements in increased partnerships and capacity growth.
- Youth Hubs provide the greatest impact to students for access to STEM activities, career-readiness pathway models, and entrepreneurial programs.
- Youth voice and influence in each Youth Hub is cultivated with a dedicated network that provides mentoring, leadership, career pathway models and entrepreneurship opportunities.
- The Youth Hub model builds significant capacity to leverage funding at local, regional and statewide levels.
- Youth Hubs provide the infrastructure to support increase awareness of, and offer leadership for, programs focused on entrepreneurship and STEM programming.
- Launch entrepreneurial and STEM programming and expand career pathway models to provide greater access to programming for underserved students.
- Equip the selected organizations and providers with training, programs and support through established and new partnerships to ensure entrepreneurial and STEM leadership in the targeted Youth Innovation Hub regions.
- Transform the local and regional capacity of organizations and individuals through entrepreneurial-inspired Youth Hubs that are fueled by openness, community and collaboration.
*Information and logo provided by Pennsylvania Statewide Afterschool Youth Development Network, and used with permission.