Bellefonte Area school board VP recognized by PSBA
Bob Lumley-Sapanski, the vice president of the Bellefonte Area school board, was honored by the Pennsylvania School Board Association for 20 years of service.
“Bellefonte is a great community and our students do amazing things,” he said. “I will continue to advocate for our kids in a playing field that is truly not fair as far as school funding is structured. My two kids had really great experiences in Bellefonte and I want to continue those opportunities for all our students.”
According to his biography on the Bellefonte Area School District website, Lumley-Sapanski is a past president of PSBA and was named a Master School Board member by PSBA and recognized as a distinguished school board member by the National School Board Association.
“I feel that public education is the greatest part of American democracy, providing a free and equal education to all of our children,” he said. “I have been committed to offering the best education we can in Bellefonte under the fiscal and legislative constraints and am excited to continue to do so.”
Lumley-Sapanski is a graduate of Penn State’s College of Agriculture and works at the university as the facilities and safety coordinator for the food sciences department. As he continues to serve on the Bellefonte Area school board, Lumley-Sapanski said that he aims to collaborate with the county, borough and townships, in addition to other service providers to build on the great things going on in the district. He also aims to work toward improving district facilities and academic and extracurricular offerings at schools within the district, and attract the best administrators and staff at all levels, while maintaining a budget that is not a burden to residents.
*By Brit Milazzo, public relations director, BASD
Other board information
- Acceptance of donations
- $50 from Mansell Tools, $25 from Kulig & Kulig and $25 from Hands 2 You for the Girls Wanna Run Program at Pleasant Gap Elementary School
- Assorted school supplies from Pleasant Gap United Methodist Church for students at Pleasant Gap Elementary School
- Approval of volunteers
- Report regarding Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology with board member Kim Hearn regarding National Technical Honor Society and Skills Leadership events that are taking place in November.
- September district budget costs approved.
- Tony Edmondson approved as the assistant swim coach at Bellefonte Area High School. Edmondson is a para-educator at Bellefonte Area High School.
- Acceptance of donations