Members of student council at Bellefonte Area High School have been hard at work preparing for another year of homecoming festivities. It started Sept. 17 with Homecoming Court nominations and will end the night of Oct. 4 with a football game and other ceremonies.
On Sept. 17, students nominated class members to be on the homecoming courts. They are:
- Gabbie Bean and Nolan Putnam
- Kara Mellott and Mitchell Holden
- Olivia Reiter and Tyler Muse
- Elisa Shadow and Eddie Jennings
- Mallorie Smith and Aaron Little
- Rianna Morris and Austin Melius
- Riley Clute and Quinn Tooker
- Skylar McCaslin and Madison Smith
On Sept. 28, the homecoming dance will be held in the high school cafeteria for all high school students. Tickets are $5. The event lasts from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Spirit Day begins on Monday Sept. 30 with America Day followed by:
- Tuesday: Tie-dye Day
- Wednesday: Color by grade
- Seniors: Black
- Juniors: Yellow
- Sophomores: Blue
- Freshman: Pink
- Staff: Gray
- Thursday: Hat Day
- Friday: Red and White Day
The parade will be held 6 p.m. Thursday Oct. 3 with a lineup to start by Bellefonte Elementary School and leads to Bellefonte Area High School on East Bishop Street. Floats include those from each class; district athletic, club and extracurricular programs; community organizations; and more.
A dedication to the Zimmermann family will be held before the football game 7 p.m. Oct. 4 against Penns Valley. A homecoming ceremony will be held at halftime.