BASD welcomes new teachers for the 2018-19 school year
Bellefonte Area School District welcomed new teachers this year. A teacher induction ceremony was held during a three-day welcoming meeting Aug. 6-8 that allowed the new teachers to meet other members of the district, go through some training, tour the schools, meet with mentors and more. There was even a signing event.
New teachers for the 2018-19 school year are (as of Aug. 8):
- Arimani Caprio Davy, science teacher, Bellefonte Area High School
- Jessica Cetnar, elementary music teacher
- Kelsey Darling, first-grade teacher, Bellefonte Elementary School
- Scott Douglass, elementary orchestra teacher
- Bethany Felter, learning support teacher, Marion-Walker Elementary School
- Jill Geyer, fifth-grade teacher, Bellefonte Elementary
- Samantha Hubley, sixth-grade English language arts teacher, Bellefonte Area Middle School
- Katherine Kohler, learning support teacher, Pleasant Gap Elementary
- Anne Lorenzo, first-grade teacher, Bellefonte Elementary
- Melissa MacNeely, elementary Spanish teacher
- Caleb Rebarchak, music teacher, BAHS
*By Brit Milazzo, public relations director, BASD.