Every student at BAMS will be assigned a Chromebook for use during the school day from 8:00 - 3:15. Students will pick up their Chromebooks in homeroom and will return the Chromebooks to homeroom at the end of the day. Students who consistently do not turn in their Chromebooks at the end of the day will be assigned disciplinary consequences. Students are responsible for the care of their Chromebooks at school. Students are not permitted to take their Chromebooks home. There will be a limited number of Chromebooks available in the library for students to sign out should the need arise to take a Chromebook home for an assignment.
Care of Devices
Students are responsible for the general care of the devices that have been issued by the District, but should never attempt to repair and damages. If a student is having technical issues with their Chromebook, they should let their teacher know. Repairs will be handled as promptly as possible and a replacement device may be used if available. Students are still responsible for all work missed. District-owned devices should never be taken to an outside computer service for any type of repairs or maintenance.
The following recommendations are general guidelines for taking care of District devices; however, these recommendations do not limit the liability for the care of District devices.
- No food or drink should be used/placed/located next to devices.
- Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into the devices.
- The devices should not be utilized while plugged in when the cord may pose a tripping hazard.
- The devices must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, and labels.
- Heavy objects should never be placed on top of devices.
- The device should remain dry at all times.
- The device should be kept at a reasonable temperature. Do not leave the equipment outdoors or inside a car in extreme temperatures.
- When device is in use or charging, ensure that proper airflow around device is possible. Do not leave device on soft/conforming surfaces.
- Each student will be issued a protective case for his/her device that is to stay on the chromebook at all times.
- Although the cases are reinforced to help protect the device, they are not guaranteed to prevent damage. It remains the student’s responsibility to care for and protect his/her device.
Damages, Repair Costs and Replacement Costs
Personal responsibility on the part of the student is a goal and a key for the success of this program. The devices are expensive pieces of equipment.
Damages, Repairs and Replacement:
- Manufacturing defects or other items covered under the limited warranty will not be charged to the parent/student.
- If the student’s equipment is lost or not returned to the District, either the student or parent/guardian will be charged the full replacement cost of the equipment.
- In the event of accidental, negligent, malicious, or willful damage to the equipment, either the student or parent/guardian will be responsible for the repair or replacement of the equipment at the costs listed below.
Equipment Repair Costs
- Chromebook replacement fee: $225.00
- Screen: $50.00
- Touchpad: $50.00
- Individual Key: $5.00
- Full Keyboard: $50.00
- Charger: $30.00
- Case: $20.00
- Other Damages: Will be on a case by case basis
- Negligent, malicious, or willful damage to equipment and/or theft of equipment may also subject the student to prosecution and punishment under law and/or discipline under the Code of Student Behavior
- When students bring a device in for repair, a replacement device will be issued to the student, when available.
- Always transport devices with care and in district-issued protective cases. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action.
- Never lift devices by the screen.
- Never carry devices with the screen open.
The device screen can be damaged if subjected to heavy objects, rough treatment, some cleaning solvents, and other liquids. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure. For these reasons:
- Do not put pressure on the top of a device when it is closed.
- Do not store a device with the screen open.
- Do not place anything in the protective case that will press against the cover.
- If placing in a backpack, be sure it is placed safely and not crammed in against other items.
- Make sure there is nothing on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or storage devices).
- Use only a clean, damp, lint-free cloth to clean the device’s exterior. If you need to clean the screen, use only a clean, soft, damp lint-free cloth with water only. DO NOT spray liquid directly onto the screen. Avoid getting moisture in any openings.
Headphones for Chomebooks
Due to health concerns, the school will not be providing students with headphones or earbuds. We ask that all students purchase their own set for use when necessary during the school day.