Bellefonte Area nominated for school record 12 Isaac Awards
The Bellefonte Area drama department is at the top of its class. Members of the cast, crew and pit for the high school’s spring musical “Anything Goes” were nominated this year for a school record number of awards, walking away as winners and runs-up in nine of the 12 nominations.
Bellefonte Area was nominated at least once in each category – the only school to have such an honor, Theater Director Eric Brinser said.
The Altoona Community Theatre Isaac Awards annually recognize student achievement in high school theater productions. This year, 20 schools from six counties were represented during the ceremony May 26-27. According to the ACT website, local high school students received more than $55,000 in college scholarships through the Isaac Awards in 2017.
- Best Actor/Actress in a Featured Role: Kiara VonGunden
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Eddie Fitzgerald
- Best Actor in a Leading Role: Johnny Purnell
- Best Stage Crew
- Achievement in Design: Brandon Hearn
- Achievement in Choreography: Kaitlyn Alterio, Natalie Giacobe and Keeli Pighetti
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: Anna Yates
- Best Musical Number: "Blow, Gabriel, Blow"
- Best Overall Production
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Megan Irwin
- Best Ensemble: Reno's Angels
- Best Featured Dance: "Gypsy in Me"
- Achievement by a Student Orchestra
*By Brit Milazzo, public relations director, BASD. Photo provided by Meadow Lane Photography and used with permission.