Bellefonte Area High School Marching Band
The BAHS Marching Band is an extracurricular ensemble consisting of woodwinds, brass, percussion, and Band Front (majorettes, dance team, and silks). You can register for Marching Band via our Google Form.
The Marching Band Health & Safety Plan is viewable here: 2020 Marching Band Health & Safety Plan
When school begins, Marching Band rehearses on Tuesdays/Thursdays from 6:30-8pm.
The theme for the 2020 Field Show is GOIN' DOWN THE BAYOU, featuring music from New Orleans! Click the link to see a video of one of our performances of the 2018 Field Show, The Might of Rome.
Please see the links on the side for information about our Marching Band Staff and Band Camp, and visit the Performing Arts Department Calendar for information on rehearsal and performance times.
To join the Marching Band 2020 class on the REMIND app, please text the code @bahsmb2020 to the number 81010. This is what we use to communicate throughout the season! (Please download the app for easiest communication.)
If you are ever unable to make it to a rehearsal, please fill out the Marching Band Online Absence Form.
Summer 2020 Schedule
Due to some findings about how COVID-19 can be spread through air particles more than initially thought, we are going to delay the start of Marching Band in-person until Band Camp week. We want to make sure the students will be as safe as possible! Please be aware that due to COVID-19 these can change quickly. There will be some meetings via Google Meet on the dates initially set in July, at the discretion of the instructors. All rehearsals will be taking place outside and the staff will ensure that social distancing protocols are followed. Specific dates are:
- August 3-7 - Band Camp
- August 3-6 - Rehearsal 8-12pm
- August 4, 6 - Drumline only, 6:30-8:30pm
- August 7 - Rehearsal 8-12pm, lunch (provided), photos & performance (video will be posted on Performing Arts YouTube Channel)
- August 11, 13, 18 - Rehearsals 6:30-8:30pm
Keeping the safety of the students foremost, here are the summer expectations (refer to Health & Safety Guidelines for comprehensive list):
- All students and staff visiting any of the states on Gov. Wolf's list are expected to self-quarantine for 2 weeks before attending rehearsal.
- States: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah
- Students will be expected to wear masks at all times unless they are playing or practicing routines. Staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- Social distancing will be expected by all students and staff.
If you are a district-approved volunteer and are interested in signing up to help with Marching Band activities (van driver, bus chaperone, helper in the stands for home games) this fall, please fill out this form. To find out more information on becoming a Performing Arts Volunteer, please visit this link.
(Photo by Dale Manning)
- August 3-7 - Band Camp