Bellefonte Area High School Marching Band
The BAHS Marching Band is an extracurricular ensemble consisting of woodwinds, brass, percussion, and Band Front (majorettes, dance team, and silks). You can register for Marching Band via our Google Form. Information about 2023 Band Front and Drumline auditions can be found by clicking that tab in the sidebar.
When school begins, Marching Band rehearses on Tuesdays/Thursdays from 6:30-8pm.
The theme for the 2023 Field Show is JUST DESSERTS, featuring music inspired by a sweet tooth. Click the link to see a video of one of our performances of the 2022 Field Show, From the Desert and the 2021 Field Show, Goin' Down the Bayou.
Please see the links on the side for information about our Marching Band Staff and Band Camp, and visit the Performing Arts Department Calendar for information on rehearsal and performance times.
To join the Marching Band 2023 class on the REMIND app, please text the code @bahsmb23 to the number 81010. This is what we use to communicate throughout the season! (Please download the app for easiest communication.)
If you are ever unable to make it to a rehearsal, please fill out the Marching Band Online Absence Form.
Summer 2023 Schedule
The summer schedule for 2023 is as follows:
- June 12-14 - Mini-Band Camp, 8-12pm
- June-July - Tuesday rehearsals 6:30-8pm as scheduled by instructors
- June 27, July 25 - Full Band 6:30-8pm
- July 1 (TBD) - Logan Fire Company Parade, 5pm (rehearsal earlier that afternoon)
- July 27 - Pleasant Gap Fire Company Parade, 6pm (report to Pleasant Gap Elementary School)
- July 31-August 4 - Band Camp
- July 31-August 4 - Rehearsal 8-12pm
- August 1, 3 - Rehearsal, 6:30-8:30pm
- August 4 - Performance Night, 6:30pm
- August 8, 10, 15 - Rehearsals 6:30-8pm
- August 24 - Grange Fair Parade
- August 25 - Rehearsal 2-4pm (day of first football game)
If you are a district-approved volunteer and are interested in signing up to help with Marching Band activities (van driver, bus chaperone, helper in the stands for home games) this fall, please fill out this form. To find out more information on becoming a Performing Arts Volunteer, please visit this link.
(Photo by Dale Manning)