Bellefonte Area High School Marching Band
The BAHS Marching Band is an extracurricular ensemble consisting of woodwinds, brass, percussion, and Band Front (majorettes, dance team, and silks). You can register for Marching Band via our Google Form. Information about 2021 Band Front and Drumline auditions can be found by clicking that tab in the sidebar.
The Marching Band Health & Safety Plan is viewable here: 2020 Marching Band Health & Safety Plan (these are also the guidelines we will be following for the 2021 season)
When school begins, Marching Band rehearses on Tuesdays/Thursdays from 6:30-8pm.
The theme for the 2022 Field Show is FROM THE DESERT, featuring music from Dune, westerns, and other desert-inspired themes! Click the link to see a video of one of our performances of the 2018 Field Show, The Might of Rome and the 2019 Field Show, Fantastic Fantasy
Please see the links on the side for information about our Marching Band Staff and Band Camp, and visit the Performing Arts Department Calendar for information on rehearsal and performance times.
To join the Marching Band 2020 class on the REMIND app, please text the code @bahsmb2022 to the number 81010. This is what we use to communicate throughout the season! (Please download the app for easiest communication.)
If you are ever unable to make it to a rehearsal, please fill out the Marching Band Online Absence Form.
Summer 2022 Schedule
The summer schedule for 2022 is as follows:
- June 13-15 - Mini-Band Camp, 8-12pm
- June-July - Tuesday rehearsals 6-8pm as scheduled by instructors
- June 28, July 26 - Full Band 6-8pm
- July 2 - Logan Fire Company Parade, 5pm (rehearsal earlier that afternoon)
- July 28 - Pleasant Gap Fire Company Parade, 6pm (report to Pleasant Gap Elementary School)
- August 1-5 - Band Camp
- August 1-5 - Rehearsal 8-12pm
- August 2, 4 - Rehearsal, 6:30-8:30pm
- August 5 - Performance Night, 6:30pm
- August 9, 11, 16 - Rehearsals 6-8pm
- August 26 - Rehearsal 2-4pm (day of first football game)
If you are a district-approved volunteer and are interested in signing up to help with Marching Band activities (van driver, bus chaperone, helper in the stands for home games) this fall, please fill out this form. To find out more information on becoming a Performing Arts Volunteer, please visit this link.
(Photo by Dale Manning)