Miller honored for 150th win as coach of girls’ soccer team
Coach Stacey Miller was honored Dec. 5 at the school board meeting for winning her 150th game as coach of the girls’ varsity soccer team. The feat happened this season.
According to Assistant Athletic Director Deb Moore, Miller started at the Bellefonte Area School District in 2000 as assistant coach. At the time, she was a junior in college. By 2003, she took over the program as head coach.
Miller, also an elementary school teacher in the district, guided her team to a 157-112-16 record, and had numerous Mountain League All-Star players and three All-State candidates.
“Over four years of having Coach Miller, she has always been willing to help and better our team,” said senior Gabbie Pighetti. “She has put her heart and soul into the team more than I have ever seen. There are no words to thank her (enough) for everything she has done.”
By Brit Milazzo, public relations director, BASD
Bruckner, Steiner elected to school board
The Bellefonte Area school board welcomed two new members at its meeting Dec. 5. Kristen Bruckner and Jeff Steiner were elected to fill two vacant seats. Board President Rodney Musser was also re-elected to the position, and Bob Lumley-Sapanski was voted in as board vice president.
Other board news
- Approval to send Superintendent Michelle Saylor to the District Administration Leadership Institute Superintendents’ Summit on Jan. 10-12 in New Orleans. There is no cost to the district.
- Appointment of two cafeteria workers
- Anya Burns at Pleasant Gap Elementary School
- Toby Chencharick at Bellefonte Area High School
- The district's five-year financial plan was discussed with Director of Fiscal Affairs Ken Bean.
- Donations were accepted
- $100 from Dr. Frank Dankanich for school lunches
- $200 from Clean Sweep Professional Cleaning Services for Pleasant Gap Elementary's PBIS program
- New board members fill seats
- New courses for the 2018-19 school year
- Volunteers were approved