Brit Milazzo is the public relations specialist at Bald Eagle and Bellefonte area school districts in Centre County. She also works closely with Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology in Spring Township.
The positions were established in the fall of 2017 to help foster a relationship among the schools and communities it serves, and beyond.
Milazzo has worked in the communication field since 2005. That includes:
- Education reporter at the Centre Daily Times in State College, Pa. She was also the feature writer for Penn State football and men's hockey teams;
- Writer for the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle in Rochester, N.Y.;
- Production specialist for Triple-A baseball's Rochester Red Wings, affiliate to the Minnesota Twins;
- Press secretary for New York State Sen. Greg Ball (R-Brewster);
- Reporter for the Niagara Gazette in Niagara Falls, N.Y.
- Editor and correspondent for Bleacher Report, and its partner networks CBS and Fox sports;
- Production specialist with ESPN.
During her time with Bleacher Report, Milazzo primarily covered NCAA and CIS men's ice hockey, and was an analyst for the Buffalo Bills and Syracuse University men's basketball team, and featured western New York sports-related news. She also was a traveling marketing representative for the digital sports network.
Milazzo also worked in the production department for ESPN, and brought that experience to a production job with the Rochester Red Wings (Triple-A baseball affiliate of the Minnesota Twins), where she operated camera equipment, graphics, replay decks and audio mixers for web and television broadcasts on the MLB Network and its affiliates.
A 2009 graduate of Arizona State University, Milazzo holds two Bachelor of Arts degrees: one in journalism and mass communication, with an emphasis in print, from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication; and another in English, with a concentration in literature, from ASU’s College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.
In her free time, Milazzo -- a Rochester, N.Y.-area native -- enjoys skiing, snowboarding, surfing, golfing, playing tennis, playing guitar, watching baseball and hockey, and spending time with family. She was also a longtime volunteer with the Niagara County (NY) 4-H program. Milazzo was a member of the ASU women’s soccer team, and briefly joined two pro-development soccer organizations with the USL W-League, before the league ceased operation.
She's also a certified soccer referee, and a coach with Centre Soccer Association and the Bellefonte Area girls' varsity soccer team, under direction of head coach Stacey Miller. In the 2018-19 school year, Milazzo additionally became the Ski Club adviser at Bellefonte Area High School with help from high school math teacher Ryan Pastva.