• Leave
    Exchange of Sick to Personal (Professional) 
    Personal Leave Request Professional (over 4 days)

    Uncompensated Leave Form (short-term)
    A Short-term leave is any leave of absence less than 20 days that is not covered by contractual or agreement language of employee groups.
    Employees may apply for Short-Term Uncompensated Leave by making a request to the Board of Education.
    Requests must be submitted to HR prior to the leave unless the reason is of a non-predictable nature.
    Each request will be addressed on a case by case basis using the guidelines established by Board Policy 339.1, 439.1, 539.1



    The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave. Eligible employees are entitled to:

    • Twelve workweeks of leave in a 12-month rolling calendar year for:
      • the birth of a child and to care for the newborn child within one year of birth;
      • the placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care and to care for the newly placed child within one year of placement;
      • to care for the employee’s spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition;
      • a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her job;
      • any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent is a covered military member on “covered active duty;” or
    • Twenty-six workweeks of leave during a single 12-month period to care for a covered service member with a serious injury or illness if the eligible employee is the service member’s spouse, son, daughter, parent, or next of kin (military caregiver leave).

    How to Apply:
    Employees must make arrangements with the District PRIOR to the beginning of his/her leave unless special circumstances prevent this from occurring.
    If you feel you qualify for FMLA leave, please schedule an appointment by contacting:
    Mrs. Michelle Simpson
    Director of Human Resources
    Phone: (814) 355-4814 Ext. 3002

Last Modified on August 25, 2021