Bellefonte Jr High InvitationalEstablished 2001Ranked #2 by PA Wrestling Magazine behind PJW States as the best Jr High Tournament in the State!!
January 20-21, 2023The date for the 2023 tournament has been set.* If you're interested to be considered for next year please email Tom Alterio (Tournament Director) (email@example.com )* New weight classes: 80, 87, 94, 101, 108, 115, 122, 130, 138, 145, 155, 170, 190, 210, 2502020 Team Champions - Connellsville
Where: Bellefonte High School
Bellefonte Canon-McMillan Central Dauphin Central Mountain Connellsville Cumberland Valley Dover Easton Faith Christian Academy Fort LeBoeuf General McLane Hempfield Mifflin County Nazareth Norwin Owen J Roberts Philipsburg Osceola Reynolds Seneca Valley Trinity
- 2-day Individual double elimination,
- Full wrestle backs for 3rd place with team scoring.
- Each team can enter 1 extra wrestler per weight class. They will NOT accumulate team points.
- Seven mats.
- This tournament also offers a JV tournament (Aux Gym). Will wrestle 2 or more mataches. 2 mats .
- Top 6 individuals awarded
- Top 3 teams awarded
- Outstanding Wrestler Award
2020 Schedule: (Still subject to change)
* We do have classes at Bellefonte on Friday Jan 17th. So please do not show up at the High School until 4pm!!
Friday, Jan 17
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm Weigh-Ins
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm Coaches Meeting
- 6:15pm – 7:15pm Round 1 – Pigtails (5 or 7 mats)
- 7:30pm – 9:00pm Round 2 – Prelims (7 mats)
- 9:00pm – 10:30pm Round 3 – Consy Rd1 (7 mats)
*If we have time to run Round 4 Friday night then we will do so.
Saturday, Jan 18
- 7:30am – 8:30am Weigh-Ins (additional 1 lb allowance)
- 8:30am – 9:00am Coaches Meeting
- 9:00am – 11:00am Round 4 – Quarter Finals & Consy Rd2 (7 mats)
- 11:00am - ? JV Tournament in Aux Gym (2 mats)
- 11:15am – 1:15pm Round 5 – Semi Finals & Consy Rd3 (7 mats)
- 1:30pm – 2:45pm Round 6 – Consy Rd4 (7 mats)
- 3:00pm – 4:15pm Round 7 – Consy Rd5 (7 mats)
- 4:30pm – 4:45pm Parade of Champions (If time permits)
- 4:45pm – 7:00pm Round 8 – Finals – 1st thru 6th place (# of mats TBD)