Bellefonte Jr High InvitationalEstablished 2001Ranked #2 by PA Wrestling Magazine behind PJW States as the best Jr High Tournament in the State!!
January 20-21, 2023The date for the 2023 tournament has been set.* If you're interested to be considered for next year please email Tom Alterio (Tournament Director) (firstname.lastname@example.org )* New weight classes: 80, 87, 94, 101, 108, 115, 122, 130, 138, 145, 155, 170, 190, 210, 2502020 Team Champions - Connellsville
Where: Bellefonte High School
Bellefonte Canon-McMillan Central Dauphin Central Mountain Connellsville Cumberland Valley Easton Erie Cathedral Prep Faith Christian Academy Fort LeBoeuf General McLane Mifflin County Montoursville Nazareth Norwin Palisades Philipsburg Osceola Reynolds Spring Grove Trinity
- 2-day Individual double elimination,
- Full wrestle backs for 3rd place with team scoring.
- Each team can enter 1 extra wrestler per weight class. They will NOT accumulate team points.
- Seven mats.
- This tournament also offers a JV tournament (Aux Gym). Will wrestle 2 or more mataches. 2 mats .
- Top 6 individuals awarded
- Top 3 teams awarded
- Outstanding Wrestler Award
2020 Schedule: (Still subject to change)
* We do have classes at Bellefonte on Friday Jan 17th. So please do not show up at the High School until 4pm!!
Friday, Jan 17
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm Weigh-Ins
- 5:30pm – 6:00pm Coaches Meeting
- 6:15pm – 7:15pm Round 1 – Pigtails (5 or 7 mats)
- 7:30pm – 9:00pm Round 2 – Prelims (7 mats)
- 9:00pm – 10:30pm Round 3 – Consy Rd1 (7 mats)
*If we have time to run Round 4 Friday night then we will do so.
Saturday, Jan 18
- 7:30am – 8:30am Weigh-Ins (additional 1 lb allowance)
- 8:30am – 9:00am Coaches Meeting
- 9:00am – 11:00am Round 4 – Quarter Finals & Consy Rd2 (7 mats)
- 11:00am - ? JV Tournament in Aux Gym (2 mats)
- 11:15am – 1:15pm Round 5 – Semi Finals & Consy Rd3 (7 mats)
- 1:30pm – 2:45pm Round 6 – Consy Rd4 (7 mats)
- 3:00pm – 4:15pm Round 7 – Consy Rd5 (7 mats)
- 4:30pm – 4:45pm Parade of Champions (If time permits)
- 4:45pm – 7:00pm Round 8 – Finals – 1st thru 6th place (# of mats TBD)